Working at Education.com
Education.com offers a small company environment in a vibrant Silicon Valley setting.
Learning and Development
Whether you are interested in emerging technologies, SEO best practices, or the latest trends in social media and web 2.0, we want to help our employees grow their professional knowledge and bulk up their portfolios with great work.
If you are looking for honest feedback and a cool group of people to work with, Education.com is for you. Not only can you build great relationships with the people in the office, you will be better prepared to work with freelancers, advertisers and non-profit organizations from all over the US.
Location: Redwood City, CA
Position Title: Sr. Manager/Director of Search Marketing
Duration: Full Time
With 6 million visitors each month, Education.com is a fast growing parenting site, dedicated to helping kids reach their full potential by making learning fun. Millions of parents and teachers each month read our articles and download our printables. Education.com is supported by advertising from leading national brands and a rapidly growing number of paid subscribers.
It is an especially exciting time to join Education.com. We are building new digital products that make learning fun, diversifying our revenue base with digital subscription services, and accelerating traffic and revenue growth. The team at Education.com is a diverse, fun group, who love to build products that both help parents/teachers and represent a great business. Education.com is located in Redwood City, CA, near numerous restaurants and shops, and right across from the CalTrain station. We are funded by three leading venture capital firms.
Education.com is seeking a Senior Manager/Director of Search Marketing to drive revenue and traffic. S/he will manage a dedicated budget and own the Search P&L. S/he will be instrumental in the revenue growth of Education.com’s new digital subscription products, and play a key role in launching a new educational product.
This role is responsible for the strategy and execution of SEO, as well as our Paid Search program. First and foremost, the candidate must have deep SEO expertise, with expertise in the optimization of content. Prior experience with commerce sites, successful large scale PPC programs, and/or affiliate programs is a strong plus. However, we encourage strong SEO candidates to apply even without PPC or affiliate experience.
- Create and lead the Company SEO roadmap. Work with the Editorial, Product and Engineering teams to create next generation SEO strategies that drive traffic and revenue.
- Identify and execute SEO best practices for both on-site and off-site search ranking factors and critical updates (Panda, Penguin, etc.)
- Manage Paid Search program, optimizing cost per click and cost per revenue. Launch new campaign to support new product launches, with Search P&L responsibility
- Launch new products and services. Create SEO and Paid Search programs to drive ‘top of funnel’ traffic all the way through conversion.
- Monitor, track, and report on key marketing metrics and trends
- Ensure all pages and digital products are technically optimized for search
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 5-7 years SEO experience, ideally for both Publisher and/or Commerce sites that are consumer facing
- Strong analytic and execution skills. The ability to draw conclusions from data, communicate that data to build consensus, and take decisive action accordingly
- Experience with web analytics (e.g. Omniture), traffic KPIs, keyword research, and PPC management software
- Technical knowhow and strong interpersonal skills to evangelize necessary changes to a design and engineering team
- Past experience managing large Paid Search programs a strong plus
- Affiliate marketing experiences a plus
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Rich Yang, Chief Marketing Officer
Freelance Opportunities: Graphic Designers
Education.com offers freelance opportunities for graphic designers to create worksheets for kids. Experience in professional design programs (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) and an interest in illustrating for children required. Our graphic design needs are constantly changing, but we are always willing to keep the information of strong applicants on file for future projects.
For more information on our worksheet design program, please email us at email@example.com.