Working at Education.com
Education.com offers a small company environment in a vibrant Silicon Valley setting.
Learning and Development
Whether you are interested in emerging technologies, SEO best practices, or the latest trends in social media and web 2.0, we want to help our employees grow their professional knowledge and bulk up their portfolios with great work.
If you are looking for honest feedback and a cool group of people to work with, Education.com is for you. Not only can you build great relationships with the people in the office, you will be better prepared to work with freelancers, advertisers and non-profit organizations from all over the US.
Job Openings by Department
Design & Development
Location: Redwood City, CA
Position Title: Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer
Duration: Full Time
Education.com helps parents and teachers to help their kids be successful in school. With over 5 million members, Education.com is one of the largest parenting and educational sites on the internet. We are aiming to be the preferred digital platform for early education. As a software engineer at Education.com, you would have an opportunity to develop technology that will help the millions of people who visit the site daily.
- Work in small teams and be able to contribute to discussions of architecture and design
- Contribute to cross functional teams to come up with projects
- Develop new features and improve existing features
- Write elegant, readable, and well documented code
- At least 3 years building software products
- Experience understanding large code bases
- Strong problem solving skills
- A good understanding of quality
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A Github page or similar portfolio of previous work or contribution to open source projects
- Passion for the educational space
- Mobile experience: apps and/or responsive design
- Experience with high performance websites and optimizations
- Familiar with Linux and Linux system administration
Send your resume and a link to your portfolio site to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Graham McNicoll, CTO