3D Flower Card
The special people in your life deserve a special card! Let your artsy fifth grader learn how to create a 3D flower card that lets his loved ones know how much he appreciates them.
What You Need:
- Colored construction paper
- Proverb or poem
- White glue
What You Do:
- Let your child cut his largest square -- at least 5" x 5" -- out of colored construction paper.
- Have him cut out five more squares. Each one should be slightly smaller than the one before it.
- Fold each square in half two times.
- Have your child cut around the corners of each square fold. These cuts will become your lotus flower petals.
- Repeat this with each square.
- Use a marker to write a proverb or a poem in the center of your smallest paper.
- Let your child put a drop of white glue on the top of each paper piece, except for the smallest paper.
- Layer the paper pieces on top of one another with the largest piece on the bottom. The paper with the proverb or poem should be on the top.
- Press the papers together gently.
- Use a pencil to gently curl the ends of the petals upward to make your flower appear three dimensional.
- Give your lotus flower proverb to someone you love!