April flowers might not bring May showers. One thing's for sure though: Flowers will brighten up anyone’s day! Share the joy of spring by making a picture of a vase with fun 3D flowers that will never wilt.
What You Need:
- Tissue paper of various colors
- Green pipe cleaners or ribbon
- Construction paper in two different colors
What You Do:
- Start off by having your child lay out 4-6 sheets of tissue paper in a pile. She can have all one color, or different colors. Cut them to pieces that are about 8x10 inches.
- Fold the pile accordion style.
- Pinch the center together and wrap the green pipe cleaner around the center.
- Gently separate each piece of paper, pulling towards the center of the flower to make the flower's petals.
- Keep moving the paper around until you get the desired effect. Trim if necessary.
- Try another type of flower by cutting the tip of the pile after it is folded accordion style. A round tip will make a rose, while a pointed tip makes a daisy.
- Repeat steps 1-6 until you have a nice bouquet of flowers.
- Cut out a construction paper vase.
- Lay the flowers down on a piece of construction paper of a different color and use glue to adhere them to the paper.
- Glue the vase over the bottom of the flowers, leaving some of the pipe cleaner stems showing.
- Find a great place for your 3D flowers to be displayed!