If you've ever taken an airplane trip anywhere, you know that you can spend what seems like an eternity waiting at the airport. So what can you do with that time? Try playing this fun game that will get your child using her imagination as she pretends she's someone else traveling at the airport. Ask questions about where she's from and what her name is, and she has to come up with answers on the spot! It's a fun waiting game, and is sure to bring laughs and some creative answers!
What You Need:
- At least two players
- A good imagination
What You Do:
- Players pretend they are sitting on an airplane, flying by themselves. One person turns to the other and introduces herself, and asks the other person a question. It can be anything from, "What's your name?" to "Do you have a pet billy goat where you live?" The more ridiculous the questions, the sillier the game becomes!
- What is your name?
- What country are you from?
- Where are you going?
- Who are you visiting?
- How old are you?
- What is the weather like where you live?
- The person will answer the question based on the first thought that pops into her head. Since she has no idea what the other person is going to ask her, she has to make up an answer on the spot!
- Then, ask the other player a question. As each question gets answered, the different characters appear as if by magic.
- Each person should answer at least ten questions. This gives each character a chance to grow and each player a chance to relax as the spotlight falls on the next person.
- To end the game, announce that the plane is landing and all characters must say goodbye to each other and be on their way. This is a fun, creative game that will keep your child on her toes and her sides in stitches. She might not even remember that you're stuck waiting for your plane!
Adapted with permission from "101 Family Vacation Games, Have Fun While Traveling , Camping or Celebrating at Home by Shando Varda". Hunter House Publishers (2006).