Create a "Back to School" Scrapbook
The first classroom your child walks into on the first day of school swirls with energetic conversation: friends chat about what activities they did, where they went on vacation, and which classmates they spent time with. Why not create a book that helps your child record the best of what he's done all summer? Here's an activity to help your child put together his own "Back to School" scrapbook.
What You Need:
- A ready-made scrapbook with blank, non-lined pages OR thick pieces of 8.5" x 11" paper (like poster board, construction paper, or colored laid paper), a hole puncher, and pieces of string
- Colored markers for designing
- Thinner pens or a black Sharpie for writing
- Cutouts of designs from favorite magazines and stickers
- Photos of family, friends, and vacation spots