Pop the Balloons!
Popping a balloon is burst of fun and this balloon popping party game is a great way to harness the energy of a group full of rambunctious kids. Although all that balloon popping is more easily accomplished in a confined space, it's a great way to promote movement and makes exercise exciting. Whether you play inside or outside this game is sure to be a hit!
What You Need:
- Balloons of several different colors
What You Do:
- Assign each player a different balloon color. Or, if you're playing with a large group of kids, create color teams.
- Have your child and his friends blow up and tie off at least 5 balloon of each color. The number of balloons you inflate should vary depending on how many kids are playing.
- Encourage your child and the other players to scatter the balloons around the room or in the general area of play.
- Have the players gather in the center of play.
- When you shout, "Go!" the players try to pop as many of balloons of their color as they can by stomping on them.
Helpful Tip: If you decide to play outside, make sure that it isn't too windy. You don't want all of your balloons to blow away.
If you're only playing with one kid, have him race against the clock to pop all of the balloons. Or, you could challenge him to pop them in a set order.