Make Your Own Tap Shoes
What kid isn't fascinated by tap dancing? What with all the clicking and clacking, it's not hard to see why kids love it. In this activity kids can enjoy the fun of tap shoes without the expense by turning bottle caps and string into removable taps. Just strap on the taps, and you're ready to go. It's guaranteed to provide hours of twist and shout fun for your kids—and you might just find they have a talent for performance!
What You Need:
- 2 large metal bottle caps (as found on gallon juice bottles)
- 2 10" lengths of string
What You Do:
- Use the hammer and nail to make two holes spaced about an inch apart in the top of each bottle cap. Make sure your child stays a safe distance away while you do this step.
- Thread one piece of string through the holes in each of the bottle caps. Knot the ends of the string to prevent the string from falling out.
- Place one bottle cap underneath the toe of each of your child's shoes, with the inside of the bottle cap facing the sole of the shoe.
- Wrap the strings around the shoes and tie tightly. Lace the string once through the shoe laces for extra support.
- Once they're tied on, let your child dance away with her new "tap" shoes!