Chocolate Dipped Spoons!
Make chocolate dipped spoons with your child this holiday season! Whether you're looking for a great gift your child can make or a special holiday recipe for the whole family, these chocolate dipped spoons are a perfect solution. Dipped in chocolate and decorative sprinkles, these chocolate dipped spoons are delicious swirled in warm milk to make cocoa or in an adult's coffee. These chocolate dipped spoons look beautiful wrapped in cellophane and tied with colorful ribbons, and they are easy to make in large batches. The only hard part is waiting until the chocolate dipped spoons cool to start licking them!
What You Need:
- An assortment of plastic or inexpensive metal spoons
- 2 small microwave-safe bowls
- Chocolate chips
- White chocolate, broken into small bits
- Your choice of toppings: crushed peppermint candies, red and green sugar or sprinkles, blue and white sugar or sprinkles
- A rimmed baking sheet, lined with parchment or waxed paper
- Optional: cellophane, scissors, and ribbon
What You Do:
- Line the baking sheet with paper and set aside.
- Place toppings in small bowls and set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in one bowl and microwave, stirring every 15 seconds, until thoroughly melted.
- Show your child how to dip the spoons in chocolate until the bowl of the spoon is well-coated. Do not dip the entire spoon. Set each spoon aside on the baking sheet to cool and dry. You can chill in refrigerator to speed cooling process if desired.
- Repeat process with white chocolate, dipping cooled spoons in white chocolate. Leave some of the dark chocolate showing above the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate portion of the spoons with the toppings of your choice before setting aside to cool.
- When thoroughly cooled, wrap in sheets of cellophane and ribbons to give as gifts or use to stir warm milk or coffee.