‘Twas the month before Christmas and all through your place, your children are off on their Christmas gift race. On, DS! On, iPod! On, Barbie and Space Path! Exhausted already? Well, let’s try some MATH!
Here’s a holiday worksheet all about the number 24 - as in the 24 days before Christmas. Invite your child to take a break from shopping, thinking about shopping, and trying to get to you do more shopping. He'll love the challenge of messing around with some equations. You never know what fun it may all “add up” to!
What You Need:
- Advent Math worksheet (download here)
- A curious kid who likes fiddling with math!
What You Do:
- Download the Christmas Countdown worksheet.
- This worksheet has been adapted from common 24-day Advent countdown calendars. Kids usually love to count day by day until Christmas Day, with each day getting visibly closer. On this Advent worksheet, however, your child will be counting down to Christmas by engaging in some important math concepts. Several important elementary math topics have been blended: time (both within the day and in weeks and months); measurement of ounces, pints, and quarts; multiplication and division, and even a little distance, rate, and time.
- Invite your child to tackle these problems! This worksheet is definitely a challenge, which makes it a great activity to do with someone else. You and your child can do this Christmas Countdown together! After all, it’s fun for all of us to know just how many hours it is before Santa arrives!
Julie Williams, M.A. Education, taught middle and high school History and English for seventeen years. Since then, she has volunteered in elementary classrooms while raising her two sons and earning a master's in school administration. She has also been a leader in her local PTA.