Craft Cute Clothespin Dolls
These old fashioned little dolls would look right at home in a pioneer cabin. They're fun to make and even more fun to play with! Use simple items like clothespins and yarn to create these darling dolls for your child to play with.
What You Need:
- Old-fashioned wooden clothespins (they should be all in one piece, not the kind that is built from two pieces of wood attached with a metal clip)
- Yarn in yellow, brown, black, and red
- Old cotton aprons, curtains, or fabric
- Thin ribbon or string (optional)
What You Do:
- Help your child cut a few short pieces of yarn in one color of her choosing. Be sure the piece are all between 3" and 5".
- Glue it to the round top of the clothespin to make hair. You can add pieces of thin ribbon to give your doll a little more style--just tie a little bow and glue it to the back of the doll's head.
- As the glue dries, cut a short square of fabric about 3"x3".
- Wrap the fabric around the middle of the clothespin and glue it down to make a skirt.
- Invite your child to draw a shirt and a face onto the doll using the markers. Make a few different dolls so she has a fun homemade set to play with!