Decorate a Homework Clipboard!
The standard study advice is to do homework at a nice, roomy desk. But you’ve probably noticed, after sitting in a desk all day, sometimes kids just want to flop onto a cozy chair or comfy corner and do their work there!
Your first inclination may be to fight it, but many experts say it may not be worth the battle. As long as kids are physically comfortable and the space contains ample lighting and limited distractions, any place can serve as a great spot to get some work done.
Without a table to lean on, however, pen-and-paper work can be a little difficult. That’s why teachers often keep a box of clipboards in the classroom, and why a nice one is a great idea for home as well. Here’s a decorative idea to help your kid create a personalized clipboard that he’ll want to use every time there’s homework to do.
What You Need:
- Plain clipboard in your child’s favorite color—just make sure it has a solid metal clip on top
- 2 wide craft sticks (“tongue depressor” size)
- Craft glue
- 1 foam sheet in your child’s favorite color
- Stick-on foam letters and shapes
- Squeezable paint (make sure you get the kind that sticks to plastic)