Create Edible Holiday Cards!
Holiday cards bring wonderful good cheer, but in our “green” times, we do have a problem: lots of paper to throw out afterward. So here’s a delicious alternative that just happens to be a nice boost for small motor skills and for young writers: an “edible” holiday card!
What You Need:
- Sugar cookie dough (available in the refrigerator section of most groceries)
- Rolling pin
- 4x6 index card
- Colored pens
- Sharp knife
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- About 1/2 teaspoon water (add a little extra if the mix seems too thick)
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- Squeeze-on, narrow tube frosting in holiday colors, or “frosting pens” designed for writing on cookies and cakes
- Holiday sprinkles, if you choose
- Cookie sheet, hot oven, and a kitchen space you don’t mind messing up a little!