Egg Carton Flowers Activity
Use these pretty egg carton “flowers” to decorate a spring table – they don’t require water, they’ll never wilt, and since they’re made from egg cups, and they’re perfect for Easter or anytime your table needs a pick-me-up!
What You Need:
- An empty cardboard egg carton
- Assorted bright paint colors and brushes
- Green pipe cleaners
- A vase (display purposes only)
What You Do:
- Line your child's workspace with newspaper.
- Carefully tear the individual cups out of the carton. You should have 12 cups.
- Help your child to paint the cups, inside and out, and let dry thoroughly. These will be your flowers, so take care to use bright spring colors. You can even paint patterns or extra flower details onto the cups.
- Once dry, turn each cup upside down and use the tip of a pipe cleaner to poke a hole in the bottom of each.
- Insert the pipe cleaner through the hole and fold over the top of the hole to hold in place. Twist the pipe cleaner slightly beneath it so the cup stays at the top of the pipe cleaner. Each colorful cup has now been transformed into a beautiful spring flower!
- Arrange in a pretty vase.