Looking for a new swimming pool game to stay cool during long summer days? Look no further than a friendly game of pool elbow tag! This simple mash-up of the classic game of tag, has partnering players joined at the elbows. This is a great game to play with a large group of kids!
What You Need:
- Swimming pool
- At least 6 kids (ideally many more, depending on the size of the pool)
What You Do:
- Have the players gather in the water.
- Ask one child to be the "chaser."
- Designate another player as the "runner."
- Everyone else playing should pair up and link elbows.
- Start the game with the chaser chasing after, and trying to tag the runner.
- The runner can find "safety" by linking his elbow to the elbow of someone who's already in a pair.
- When the runner links their elbow to a pair, the original member of the pair becomes the new runner.
- To stay "safe" linked pairs should try to avoid the runner by swimming around the pool.
- When a chaser finally tags the runner, the roles are reversed for the next round of play!