Fold a simple paper football, flick and try to make a goal! A fun way to practice addition skills, too. And it makes for a great indoor activity for sick days or bad weather days.
What You Need:
- Three or four pieces of paper
- Four toilet paper rolls or two paper towel rolls, cut into four pieces
What You Do:
- Use a ruler to measure out and mark yard lines on your paper football “field”. Use a large piece of paper or several pieces of paper taped together to make a large playing area.
- Cut a 4” x 4” paper square to make the folded football. Fold the square into a triangle by creasing from corner to corner. Fold the triangle in half from corner to corner. Fold the left and right triangle points up to the middle point.
- Tuck the ends of one side of the diamond into the “pocket” on the other side.
- Make “goalposts” out of four empty toilet paper rolls, two paper towel rolls cut in half, or even a friend’s two fingers held apart.
- Put the paper football on its side, hold with index finger and flick with thumb and index finger of the opposite hand. Try to score a goal!