Steal the Bacon
If you're looking for a pool game that's fun and easy to play, look no further. Play "Steal the Bacon," a pool variation of capture the flag mixed with tag! Two teams compete against each other to steal the "bacon" (an empty plastic bottle) and keep the opposing team from tagging them out. It's a lot of fun to play on an afternoon at the pool, and your child is sure to love it!
What You Need:
- Empty 2-liter plastic bottle with cap on it
- At least four kids in the pool
What You Do:
- Divide players into two teams. Teams line up in the water along two opposite edges of the pool, facing each other.
- Have team members count off simultaneously so that each player on one team is matched to the player on the opposite team with the same number.
- Designate a leader. Have the leader throw the empty 2-liter bottle (the "bacon") into the center of the pool between the two teams, and call out a number. The two players who have that number swim to retrieve the bacon.
- The first player to grab the bacon may swim to either team line in order to score a point. But watch out! The other team player will try to tag his opponent. If a player is tagged before getting to the line, no point is scored. The team with the most points wins! To make the game a little more challenging, have the leader call out two numbers and watch the teams scramble for the bacon!