In the summer, days can get so hot that your child just wants to spray himself with the hose. Well, now he can! Water Tag is a very wet variation of the traditional game. Use the hose to spontaneously "tag" players one by one. The hose surprise attacks continue until only one player remains. It's the perfect way to cool off in the hot summer months.
What You Do:
- Create a designated target area for the kids to run around and put up borders that they forbidden to cross. The water from the hose should be able to reach any part of the target area.
- Have the helper hold the hose. Tell him that he may aim the hose wherever he wants, but he is not allowed to follow certain players with the hose or to aim the hose in any particular direction for more than 3 seconds.
- An adult or older child should be in charge of turning on and off the garden hose; this person is the leader.
- At the leader's signal, the kids should start running around in the designated area.
- The leader turns the hose on and off at random intervals. If a player gets sprayed with the water he is out.
- The last player left is the winner and gets to be the helper for the next round of tag.
You might want to add a suspenseful music soundtrack to make this game a little more enjoyable.