Check out this fun pool game that will keep the kids occupied on those hot days at the pool. Not only does it encourage group communication, it'll also encourage teamwork and help them develop important communication skills. This unique group game is sure to be a hit and will get everyone laughing this summer.
What You Need:
- 2 floating pool ropes
- As many friends as you can get
What You Do:
- Have your child and her friends section off a portion of the middle of the pool using the floating pool ropes (alternatively, they could improvise markers on the ground outside the pool).
- Then, have your child and her friends decide who will be “it.”
- The child that is “it” must tread water in the center of the sectioned off portion of the pool.
- Next, have the remaining children line themselves around the perimeter of the sectioned off portion of the pool.
- When you call go, the child that is “it” must swim around, trying to tag as many people as possible.
- Every person that the child who's “it” tags must link arms with him or her and form a chain.
- The “it” chain must then work together to tag other players.
- The last person to be tagged is the winner of the game.
- For the next round, the child that was first tagged to become part of the “it” chain must start off as the player who's “it.”
- Have fun playing chain tag!