Make a Pop-Up Lantern
Candles are a natural centerpiece for a tabletop. Why not add another dimension by covering your candle with this beautiful homemade shade? A piece of translucent vellum paper softens that candlelight and makes for .
Use a lightweight card stock that folds well. Make sure the grain is running parallel to the folds. The paper can be opaque or translucent, since the light will shire through the pop-ups regardless of the transparency.
What You Need:
- Lightweight card stock, 20 1/4 x 6 inches (grain should be in the 6-inch direction)
- Card stock, 1 1/4 x 6 inches
- Craft knife or scissors
- Cutting mat
- Bone folder
- White glue or 1/4-inch double-sided tape
- Heavy vellum, 8 5/8 x 5 1/4 inches
- Glass votive candle holder
- Tea light or votive candle