Kids love playing with tactile objects, and this project is sure to fit the bill for Saint Patrick's Day. The shamrock, a symbol of Celtic culture, is a simple design to trace and cut out and will fill your refrigerator with Irish spirit!
What You Need:
- Adhesive magnet sheet, 5" x 7"
- Permanent marker
- Green paper
- Optional: glue, pipe cleaners, glitter, sequins, etc.
What You Do:
- Have your child draw a shamrock on the magnet sheet. Encourage her to draw it as large as she can so as to use as much magnet as possible.
- Now, have her cut out her shamrock magnet base and set the scraps of magnet to the side for other projects.
- Peel off the paper on the shamrock magnet to expose the sticky adhesive.
- Apply the green paper to the sticky surface.
- Cut around the border of the magnet and paper.
- Decorate the shamrock with pipe cleaners, pom poms, or whatever else you have on hand.
This lucky magnet is also the perfect gift to give alongside a card to that special Irish friend.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.