Kids love playing with tactile objects, and this spaghetti arts and crafts project is sure to fit the bill for Saint Patrick's Day. The shamrock, a symbol of Celtic culture, is a simple design to trace and cut out and will fill your refrigerator with Irish spirit!
What You Need:
- White glue
- Small container
- Green food coloring
- Dry Spaghetti
What You Do:
- Cut a shamrock shape from the cardboard.
- Pour a small amount of glue into the container. Add a few drops of green food coloring and mix well.
- Have your child paint the green glue all over the shamrock shape.
- Break the spaghetti into pieces about as wide as the shamrock. Cover the entire shamrock with rows of spaghetti. (The pieces can extend past the edges.)
- Brush green glue on the spahetti and let it dry. Carefully trim the spaghetti.
- Glue a magnet onto the back of the shamrock.