How to Make a Menorah
Learn how to make a menorah with this simple Hanukkah craft. Hanukkah menorahs, or hanukiahs, come in an almost infinite number of designs, shapes, and price points. Kids love to create their own handmade candelabras for the Festival of Lights. See how to make a menorah with this simple tutorial, and have a Happy Hanukkah!
What You Need:
- A wooden board
- 10 metal locknuts (available at hardware stores; bring a Hanukkah candle with you to test which size would best hold the candle)
- Craft glue
- Clear packing tape
- Hanukkah candles
What You Do:
- Cover the wood with tin foil and tape the foil closed on the underside.
- Let your child glue 8 locknuts to the board in any pattern.
- The last 2 locknuts can be glued anywhere on the board, but they need to be glued in a stack. This will be your "shamash", or helper, and will hold the candle that will light the actual Hanukkah candles.
- Insert candles as needed for the Hanukkah ceremony, using the shamash candle and one other candle the first night.