Matzoh brei (pronounced MAHT-zoh BRY) is a fun-to-eat breakfast, and perfect to celebrate the morning of Jewish holidays such as Passover and Hanukkah. It’s a lot like traditional French toast, only it’s made with matzoh instead of bread.
What You Need:
- 1 sheet of matzoh
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter or canola oil
- Cinnamon and sugar for topping
What You Do:
- Break matzoh into small pieces and put in bowl with hot water.
- In another bowl, beat the egg with a fork.
- Melt the butter or heat oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour egg over matzoh, then pour into hot pan.
- Let mixture become golden brown. Flip and cook the other side to golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and serve immediately.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.