Craft Your Own Pirate Telescope Activity
Pirates are everywhere these days, especially in movies and television. And what preschooler doesn't love to pretend to be a pirate? Use an old paper towel roll to make this exciting prop! These handmade telescopes won’t really help your little buccaneer see further, but they’re easy and fun to create. Let your child's imagination run wild as he plays with this special easy-to-make toy!
What You Need:
- Cardboard roll from paper towels
- Plastic wrap
- Rubber band
- Paint in any color & paintbrushes
- Plastic jewels
What You Do:
- Lay newspaper down to avoid any mess.
- Line up the paint on the counter and have your child pick his favorite color from the bunch. Invite him to paint the tube by himself, but offer help if he needs it.
- As he's painting, cut a square of plastic wrap just big enough to fit over one end of the cardboard tube. When the paint is dry, place the plastic wrap over one hole of the tube and secure it by looping a rubberband around it.
- Then break out the plastic jewels and let your child go wild gluing them on.
- Once the glue is dry, hand it to your little pirate and watch his imagination grow!