Passover Cupcakes Activity
Root vegetables are an important part of the Passover meal, in part because these hardy vegetables are easily grown in Eastern and Western Europe and Russia--where approximately two-thirds of the modern-day Jewish population originated. These potato yogurt cupcakes are a healthy and delicious treat to be shared during this special Jewish holiday.
What You Need:
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 medium onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tablespoons potato flower
- 3 eggs
- 120 oz. plain yogurt or sour cream (or 60oz from each)
- cupcake pan (12 holes)
What You Do:
- Boil the potatoes for 30 minutes (whole with skin)
- Meanwhile fry the onions in the butter and sugar until golden brown.
- Peal and mash the potatoes and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Preheat the over for 300-350F (Medium heat)
- Oil the cupcake pan so the cupcakes can be easily removed after baking. (If you're using one of those fancy silicon pans, skip this step)
- Cook on medium heat for 40 minutes or until color is golden brown.