This easy project is a fun way to reward your child for, well, just about anything! Use these handmade ribbon awards at parties, birthdays, holidays, or any other occasion. They're a breeze to make, and it's bound to be a hit with the kids!
What You Need:
- Colored felt
- A cup
- Black permanent marker
- Fabric glue
- Roll of taffeta or satin ribbon (between 2" and 3" in width)
- Safety pins, opened
- Optional: cookie cutters
What You Do:
- Use the cup to trace circles on the felt, or trace around the cookie cutters for a silly or festive shape, and then cut them out.
- Write the title of the award on the felt circle. For example, 1st Place, Good Sport, Birthday Boy, Happy Halloween, #1 Dinosaur Lover, Greatest Big Brother, etc. There are plenty of opportunities here — cater to the occasion and get as creative as you want!
- Cut a 6" length of ribbon. On one end, cut the corners off to create a pointed end.
- Turn the felt shape over so that the side with the award written on it is facing down. Put a blob of glue in the middle and attach it to the unpointed side of the ribbon.
- Put another blob of glue on the back of the shape and set the side of the safety pin that doesn't open down on that. Be sure that the safety pin is open, and that the open side isn't touching the glue.
- Let it dry overnight, and then award your child with it the next day! These ribbons are great for all occasions--birthdays, parties, holidays.