Valentine Photo Frame Activity
Valentine's Day is all about celebrating people in your life that you love. Your child can join in by giving little tokens of her affection. This pretty frame makes a great gift for friends or family, and will last a lot longer than a box of chocolates. Plus, the process requires fine motor skills, which will help with pencil grip, and simple patterning ability, a key component to early math.
What You Need:
- An inexpensive, plain white china picture frame
- Craft glue
- Conversation hearts
What You Do:
- Take a couple handfuls of conversation hearts. Let your child choose between sweet and silly messages, and varying colors.
- Put dots of glue on the back of each conversation heart, and glue them to the frame in any pattern. Let dry.
- Remind your child that these candies are no longer edible.
- Add a photo of your child (of course!) Or, if your child is giving this frame as a gift to a friend, try finding a picture of your child and her friend doing something fun together.