Cool Down With a Wet Clothes Relay
Cool down this summer with a wet clothes relay! This is a great way to avoid the heat, and keep your child active during those long summer days. All you need are some old clothes and a child who doesn't mind getting soaking wet! Each player races to put on an article of wet clothing, and whichever team completes it the fastest is the winner. Play this game at a party, or invite the whole family to join in on some warm weather fun!
What You Need:
- Old clothes
- Big bucket
- Bathing suit for each player
- 4 or more kids
What to Do:
- Go through old clothes laying around the house. You can use things like shirts, pants, shorts, socks, hats, gloves--any and all kinds of clothing works!
- Fill a bucket with water and invite your child to submerge all the clothes in it. Encourage her to get the clothes really soaked - she'll love this part!
- Choose a starting line and a finish line, and choose a referee for the game (this could be a good job for an adult or an older child).
- Place the bucket full of soaking wet clothes at the finish line.
- Divide players into teams. Team sizes depend on the number of pieces of clothing and how many people total are playing.
- Have the players line up on the starting line. On the referee's signal, one player from each team runs to the bucket filled with wet clothes and tries to put on one piece of clothing over her bathing suit as quickly as possible.
- After that player has put on a piece of clothing, she runs back to the starting line and the next player from her team goes, until each player has had a turn.
- Whichever team is the fastest at getting dressed (and soaked) is the winner! This game can also be played with individual players. If there are three players, use three separate buckets with at least three articles of clothing in each. The player who puts on all three items and runs back to the starting line first is the winner! A wet clothes relay is a fun way to spend a summer afternoon and makes a great party game, too.