Make an Abstract Tea Leaf Painting
Most people throw out soaked tea bags after use, but artists know a secret—tea bags can be a great medium for creating one-of-a-kind modern art! Tea leaves create a natural dye that stains the paper and leaves a unique design. Turn your tea leaf art into an earthy abstract wall hanging or your own line of stationery.
What You Need:
- Soaked tea bags in various flavors
- White watercolor paper
What You Do:
- Carefully cut open the soaked tea bags to reveal the contents.
- Carefully sprinkle the damp tea onto the watercolor paper to form an abstract design or pattern. Think about using different types of tea in different areas to bring different shades of color to your design.
- Place your picture in the sun to dry.
- After it is completely dry, wipe away the tea leaves to reveal the picture beneath!
If your design comes out too light the first time, try using a darker tea and keeping the tea wet after you cut open the bag.
There are lots of crafts you can do with tea. Try soaking white paper in black tea to give it a weathered, old-fashioned look or dyeing eggs with brightly colored herbal teas.