Play a Two-Digit Counting Game
Does your child need counting help? Here's a simple game that kids can do at home to help them practice counting to two-digit numbers.
What You Need:
- 5 or more cups marked with two-digit numbers your child can count to
- Quantity of poker chips or buttons exactly equal to the sum of the numbers in the cups
What You Do:
- Place the cups on the table in any order and pour the poker chips or buttons in a pile next to your child.
- Have him count out chips or buttons equal to the number written on the first cup and place them in the cup.
- Repeat step 2 with each cup until all the objects have been sorted. Did he count right?
Try the game again with different numbers. For addition practice, challenge him to find two numbers that add up to the number on each cup.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.