Halloween Fun Facts Foldable
Make a Halloween fun facts foldable with your child this October! There's more to Halloween than just chowing down on candy. Help your child learn a few Halloween fun facts with a fun and simple art project.
What You Need:
- Poster board
- Black construction paper
- Orange construction paper
- Black paper
- Halloween stickers
What You Do:
- Have your child use scissors cut out a large rectangle from the poster board.
- Help him fold the ends in until they meet in the middle. He should now have a "foldable" with three sections.
- Let him trace the inner and outer flaps on orange construction paper.
- Have him use scissors to cut out flaps from the orange construction paper.
- Put a light coat of glue on the front and back of the outer flaps.
- Have him attach the orange pieces to the poster board.
- Next, it's time to cover the center section of the poster board. Help your child trace that section on black construction paper.
- Have him cut out the traced area.
- Help him glue the black construction paper on the center flap of the poster board.
- Let your child cut three circles out of orange construction paper. Don't worry if the circles are the same size or perfectly round.
- Help him glue the circles to the black center section of his poster board.
- Does your child know any fun facts about Halloween? Check out a book from the library or search the Internet for some cool, bizarre and fascinating facts about this "haunted" holiday.
- Have your child write his facts on the orange circles.
- Let him finish up his poster with holiday-themed stickers like spooky bats or slithering snakes.
- Have your child proudly display his foldable. Now his family and friends can know all about Halloween!