In Muslim culture, Ramadan is a month long celebration dedicated to purifying the soul. Your child will learn more about the celebration of Ramadan while concocting this flavorful dip perfect for pita bread, which is often enjoyed at sundown after a long day of fasting!
What You Need:
- Food processor or blender
- 1 tbsp coriander
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Pita bread
What You Do:
- Invite your child to get out the food processor, along with the other ingredients for making the almond dukkah. This way she can have everything ready for making this quick and easy treat!
- Now she can use the measuring spoons and cups to measure and add the ingredients to the food processor.
- Once the ingredients have been added, she can secure the food processor and begin slowly pulsing the mixture until it comes together.
- Now she can give the dukkah a taste test and add additional seasoning to her liking. While she’s finishing the dukkah, she can toast a few pita rounds to go along with the mixture.
Once the pitas are toasted, invite your child to put the dukkah in a serving bowl and share with friends and family!
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.