Stuck inside on a cold day? This winter, make this easy craft for your little angel to give your creativity and cutting skills a workout. A single paper plate and a few glitzy jewels are all your child needs to create an impressive angel craft and ornament. This cute craft is made even more heavenly by the fact that it teaches simple fractions!
What You Need:
- White paper plate
- Safety scissors
- Metallic pipe cleaners
- Glitter glue
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Photo portrait (optional)
What You Do:
- Show your child how to divide the 9-inch plate into four pie sections by folding it in half twice.
- Have your child cut down the folded lines to produce four wedge-shaped pieces.
- Take three of the wedges and layer them together at the points, leaving a border at the bottom of each one to form the angel's gown. Glue them down.
- Cut the fluted edge off of the fourth and last wedge and glue it across the body for the angel's arms.
- With the remainder of the wedge, cut out a 2-inch circle for the face and glue this to the top of the body, at the point.
- Show your shild how to make two wings and a circular halo with metallic pipe cleaners. Attach these with tacky glue.
- Cut out small pieces of yarn and glue on the head, for hair.
- Your child can now cut out a photo of his head and glue it to the head of the angel, or use markers and googly eyes to create a face.
- Get creative! Have your child decorate the angel's gown to give it a heavenly aura.
This ornament looks great on a tree!