Talk about a double whammy! This clever crocodile costume is both entertaining to create and wear. Your child will delight in replicating his favorite reptile with this life-size jaw costume. Once he begins wearing this contraption, he will relish the chance to become a crazy crocodile character. Encourage him to create plays and stories that fit his new fierce personality!
What You Do:
- Encourage your child to look through the crocodile pictures.
- Ask him to try sketching his crocodile jaws. If he wishes, he can practice on scratch paper first.
- Have your child draw the style of crocodile jaws that he has decided on. Crocodiles can be any color, but it might be convenient to use green poster board to save time.
- Help him carefully cut out the two-part jaws.
- Ask him to paint the pointy teeth, the jaw, and the eye.
- You are going to be fitting the crocodile jaws to your child's arms. Use small bungee cords or construction paper rings to achieve this by taping them to the back side of the jaws.
- Assist your child in putting the jaws on. Encourage him to snap away!
Did You Know?
How do you figure out what a crocodile (or any animal) likes to eat? Look at his teeth! A vegetarian animal has flat teeth for mushing up grinding up greenery. Carnivores (meat eaters), such as sharks and crocodiles, have very sharp, flesh-shredding teeth!