Even if sweet potatoes don't make your kids' top 10 list of favorite foods, try baking them and topping them with fluffy marshmallows -- it will be tough to find a child who can resist taking at least a bite. This dish is a festive addition to any holiday table and packs a good supply of vitamins and fiber.
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, have your child boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them with a potato masher.
- Put the potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all of the other ingredients except for the marshmallows.
- Beat with an electric mixer until the potatoes are smooth and fluffy.
- Spread the potatoes into a 9”x13” casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown and puffed.
- Enjoy right away!
Fun marshmallow trivia: The largest s'more ever made weighed in at 1,600 pounds. It was made of 20,000 toasted marshmallows and 7,000 chocolate bars!