100% gluten free, this dish is a great meal option for kids with gluten intolerance. Shrimp are dredged in sweet rice flour and shredded coconut and baked 'til they're crisp and golden. Of course, no finger food would be complete without a dipping sauce, so we've also included a recipe for a tangy apricot sauce that pairs beautifully with the crunchy shrimp. A nice party appetizer, easy dinner, or even an afternoon snack.
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, combine the sweet rice flour, ground ginger, salt, and pepper.
- In a second shallow dish, combine the eggs, garlic, and coconut oil and whisk well.
- In a third shallow dish, stir together the coconut and breadcrumbs.
- Have your child dip the shrimp into the rice flour, then the egg mixture, and finally the coconut breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the shrimp on a rack and set the rack into a baking pan. Bake the shrimp for 14-16 minutes.
- While the shrimp is cooking, prepare the dipping sauce. In a small bowl, ask your child to mix the apricot jam, Dijon mustard, and teriyaki sauce.
- Let the shrimp cool slightly, then serve with a generous helping of apricot dipping sauce. Enjoy immediately.
Watch as the shrimp disappears right before your eyes! Your family might ask you to bake another batch so consider buying ingredients to double the recipe.