This paper project is sure to hit a home run with your sporty kid. Get inspired by America's favorite pastime as you help your child create a special baseball lunch bag perfect for toting to school or to her next game.
What You Need:
- Brown paper bag
- White construction
- Thin markers
- Large drinking glass
- Double-sided tape
What You Do:
- Have your child place a drinking glass rim upside down on a sheet of white construction paper
- Help her use a pencil to trace around the rim.
- Let her use scissors to cut out the circle.
- Have her use a pencil to draw the stitching on the baseball.
- With a thin red marker, have her trace over her penciled stiching.
- Help her elaborate on the stitches by drawing the little dash details along the curved lines.
- Show your child how to trace the outside of the baseball with a black marker. This will make it stand out.
- If your child has a favorite baseball team, have them draw the logo in pencil in the center of the baseball.
- Have her color the logo in with markers.
- Let her use double-stick tape to glue the baseball to the paper bag.
- Fill her baseball lunch bag with healthy food she can enjoy while cheering on her favorite team.