What You Need:
- Poster board, pre cut 10" x 6"
- Black felt
- White chalk pencil, or tailor's chalk
- Hole punch
- Elastic cord (we used metallic cord)
- Glue stick
- Black permanent marker
What You Do:
- Ask your child to fold the poster board in half.
- Have him use the pencil to draw half of a bat from the folded edge. Make sure to include the wings, ears and head. The bottom of the bat should end on half of a "V" shape.
- Encourage him to cut out the half-bat shape while the poster board is still folded in half. It will open out into a full bat shape.
- If necessary, have him carefully cut the top part into a rounded shape.
- Ask him to trace the full bat shape onto the the black felt using the white wax chalk pencil.
- Have him cut the shape out of the black felt and glue it onto the mask using a glue stick.
- Help him position the mask on his forehead. Make a mark on both sides of the mask with the white chalk pencil and punch a hole through each mark.
- Tie knots through the holes to affix the cord to the mask.
- Glue on some sequin bat eyes.
Time to go trick-or-treating!