Beach Tablecloth Activity
Preparing your table for a big beach party or a sudsy seafood feast? Have your artsy child help set the mood by creating a colorful tablecloth alive with sea horses, fish and more!
What You Need:
- Foam sheets or sponges
- Black marker
- Paper plates
What You Do:
- Have your child layer newspaper over his workspace.
- Help him use a black marker to draw sea-inspired shapes directly on the foam sheets. Encourage him to really stretch his imagination! He doesn't just have to stick to underwater animals -- stringy kelp and bouncy bubbles also make fantastic shapes to use.
- Let him use scissors to cut out all of the foam shapes.
- Have him set up his painting station by placing a number of paper plates on the newspaper covered workspace.
- Help your child pour different colors of paint onto each paper plate.
- Show him how to press one of the foam shapes into the paint before "stamping" it down on the tablecloth.
- Have him cover the entire tablecloth with these bright, beach-themed stamps.
- If the tablecloth is for a specific event, consider helping your child paint a special message in the middle of the fun undersea animals and plants!