This is one black cat that you'll enjoy crossing paths with on Halloween! This little black cat is a great way for your child to transform a recycled cardboard tube into a free-standing sculpture.
What You Need:
- Recycled cardboard tube (tissue roll)
- Black construction paper
- 2 White pipe cleaners
- Small pom
- 2 Wiggle eyes
- Glue, or low-temp glue gun
- Black tempera paint
What You Do:
- Ask your child to paint the cardboard tube black and set it aside to dry completely.
- Have him draw and cut out a cat face (a circle with two triangles on top), and the cat's tail. Encourage him to create personality for the cat with what its tail is doing.
- Help him cut two notches directly across from each other on one end of the cardboard roll. Cut two lines, about 1" long and about 3/4" apart from one another.
- Have him fold them in and up to create the cat legs at the base of the tube.
- Ask him to glue the cat's face to the top front of the tube, and the tail to the top back of the tube, directly behind the face.
- He can now add on the eyes, whiskers and pom to bring his black cat to life!