Halloween Spider Decorations Activity
Halloween spider decorations give your house a creepy vibe on All Hallow's Eve! While creating these little spiders, your child will learn how to create the basic elements of a puppet by assembling and manipulating materials. Made from felt, chenille sticks and poms, these fuzzy Halloween spider decorations will give your guests a gentle scare.
What You Need:
- Pipe cleaners, black
- 2 poms, black or brown
- Googly eyes
- Low-temp glue gun
- Felt, orange (pre-cut 1" x 3")
- Dinner napkin
What You Do:
- Help your child cut the black chenille sticks into 4 pieces of equal length.
- Have them glue the two poms together to create the spider's body.
- Ask your child to center the legs under the spider's body. Help him glue them in place with the hot glue gun.
- Encourage him to bend the legs to create creepy, crawly spider legs.
- Have him glue the spider body to the center of the orange felt.
- Help him glue the eyes onto his spider.
- Wrap the orange felt around the center of a folded dinner napkin and tape it on the back.
- Place your black spider napkin holders out on the table to scare and impress guests!