Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Make it all about the heart this Valentine’s Day: heart health, that is! Here is a simple, delicious way to ensure your child gets his daily serving of nutritious fruit and dairy. You can easily experiment with other types of fruit, juice, and yogurt to tailor the recipe to your own tastes. Once your child knows how quick and easy it is to make this healthy snack, he'll want to make it all the time!
What You Need:
- 8 strawberries
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 6-oz container of your child’s favorite yogurt
- 1 small banana
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
What You Do:
- Help your child wash, hull, and slice the strawberries in half.
- Chop the banana into small pieces.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until the mixture reaches a smooth puree.
- That's it! Pour your smoothie into a chilled glass and enjoy.
This recipe is very flexible, so get creative with it! You can easily double or triple the batch and change up the ingredients. Try using other fresh fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, oranges, mangoes, apples, or pineapples. You can also substitute the orange juice for other types of fruit juice and even add vegetables such as carrots, spinach, or celery!