Youngsters love to have their artwork showcased for everyone to admire! Let your child's creativity shine twice as brightly by showing him how to create personalized bottle cap magnets to hold up his creations. His favorite hand drawings, family photographs, or magazine pictures can be morphed into magnets that he will delight in showing off! Afterward, your little artist can put together his very own art gallery on your family's refrigerator.
Alternative: Your child can also make bottle cap thumb tacks and pins by gluing those backings on instead of magnets.
What You Do:
- Have your child select his own artwork or images from magazines and photographs.
- Punch the images into 1” circles.
- Have your child embellish the images with any charms, paper shapes, or gems that he desires.
- Glue the 1” circles onto the bottle caps.
- If desired, apply a layer of decoupage finish to give them a slightly more finished look
- Have your child glue a piece of magnet to the back of the bottle cap.
Fun Fact: Did you know that Bert on Sesame Street likes to collect bottle caps for fun?