Master decimals and multiplication with this tons of fun card toss game! The focus on making sure decimals are added correctly. it's easily adaptable and can be used to practice many other computation skills.
What You Do:
- Shuffle the cards.
- Ask the other player to write the following numbers, one per box, on the side of the boxes: ".01" ".1" and "1."
- Place the three boxes about 4 feet away from where the players are standing. Make sure the open side of the boxes is facing up and the numbers are facing forward.
- Player one takes a turn by throwing three cards into the boxes. For each card that makes it inside of a box, multiply it by the value that is written on the box. Example: a 3 is thrown into the ".01" box would give .03 points because 3 x .01 = .03.
- Ask the players to add up their scores after each turn.
- After ten rounds, whoever has the highest score is the winner!
Variation: Make it more challenging by varying the heights of the boxes. Put one the floor and the others on chairs.
Helpful Tips: Make sure players add in the decimal point after they're done multiplying the numbers.
Remove the tens and face cards from the deck. Shuffle the remaining cards. Remind the players to line up the numbers looking at the decimal points.