Teach your child how to feed himself in the morning with this simple and delicious breakfast burrito recipe. You should give him a hand with the eggs, but your growing chef can do the rest!
What You Need:
- Flour tortilla
- Shredded cheese
- Small bowl
- Waxed paper
What You Do:
- Help your child crack the egg into the bowl.
- Let him use a fork to break the yolk of the egg.
- Have him cover the bowl with waxed paper.
- Let your child put the bowl in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds.
- Check to make sure the egg is cooked. If not, heat for an additional 15 seconds. Show your child the difference between a raw and cooked egg so he can decide himself next time.
- Have your child place the flour tortilla on a plate.
- Let him put the plate in the microwave and heat for 15 seconds.
- Have him pour the cooked egg on the heated tortilla.
- Let him put as much shredded cheese and salsa on the eggs as he wants.
- Show your child how to roll the tortilla into a burrito shape.
Next time you need groceries, take your child along and let him pick out more yummy ingredients for his breakfast burrito. Bell peppers, mushrooms and onions all are great vegetables to try.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.