Whip up an extra special treat for your hungry chef with these simple and creative brownie waffles! Using an ordinary waffle iron and some delicious homemade batter, you and your child can enjoy a delightfully sweet snack.
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate chips
- Mixing bowl
- Waffle iron
- Nonstick spray
What You Do:
- Have your child spray the waffle iron with nonstick spray.
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Help your child melt the butter in the microwave.
- Have him add the cocoa powder and the sugar to the melted butter.
- Let him stir the ingredients together.
- Is the batter cool enough to touch? If so, have your child stir in the eggs and water.
- Then have him add the flour and the salt. Encourage him to stir carefully so that flour doesn’t fly everywhere.
- Help your child fill the waffle iron with the brownie batter.
- Use the waffle iron the same way your normally would -- just cook the brownie batter for a slightly shorter amount of time. The sugar in this recipe will cause the mixture to burn quicker.
- Once its cooked, have your child pop the brownie waffle and on to a plate.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.