What You Need:
- Cloth stem wire
- Artificial flowers in festive colors
- Real or artificial greenery
- Tiny battery-operated lights
- Long white dress (optional)
- Needle and green thread
What You Do:
- Measure the circumference of your child's head.
- Guide your child in twisting the cloth stem wire together to the appropriate length, and forming it into a circle.
- Have your child work the artificial greenery into the stem wire base.
- Twist the tiny lights into the crown and secure them with thread, making sure the battery pack is at the back so that it doesn’t show.
- Help your child get into character by donning the beautiful crown and a long white dress.
- Switch on the lights and watch as your child admires herself in the mirror!
Saint Lucia was an early Christian, at a time when followers of Christ were persecuted. She smuggled food to those in hiding. In a traditional Santa Lucia celebration, the oldest daughter plays Santa Lucia, rising early in the morning to prepare coffee and ginger snaps to serve to her still sleeping family.