Your child's room may not always be orderly, but her number sense will be after learning how to play this card game. Your kid will practice numerical sequencing by placing cards in order by their numbers and suits. It's a wonderful way to help her get a handle on counting, patterns and numerical order.
What You Need:
- Deck of cards
- 2 or more players
What You Do:
- Ask your child to shuffle the cards and distribute them evenly among the players.
- Request that any players who have 7s in their hands place them in a row in the center of the table.
- The objective of the game is for all players to place their cards in numerical order, using matching suits. For the first round, players will need to have either a 6 or an 8 to place next to the 7s.
- Each player should put down as many cards in numerical order as he can on each turn.
- A player who doesn't have any cards to set down when his turn comes must pass.
- Whoever gets rid of his cards first wins!
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.