Bumble Bee Decorations
Complete the perfect springtime party table with a bunch of these bumble bee decorations. This cute companion will have your child practicing pattern-making, folding and cutting. Once the bee is done it's sure to create quite a buzz!
What You Need:
- Recycled paper roll
- Yellow, black, white and tan construction paper
- Black marker
- 2 googly eyes
- Tape (optional)
What You Do:
- Help your child cover the entire outside of the paper roll with yellow construction paper. It can either be glued in place, or taped from behind.
- Ask your child to cut out two long strips of black paper to create stripes for his bumble bee. He can cut them out and glue or tape them in place.
- Have him fold a piece of white paper in half. Show him how to measure the paper roll against the paper so he can choose how large to make his wings.
- Help him draw a wing on one side of the folded paper and cut the wing out with the paper folded so that two wings are cut out simultaneously.
- He can now glue or tape the wings onto the back of the bumble bee.
- Cut a circle from the tan construction paper to create a face for the bumble bee.
- Have your child glue on the goolgy eyes and use the black marker to draw a mouth.
- Glue or tape the face in place.
- Fold a piece of black paper in half and have your child draw one antenna and cut it out from the folded paper to make two antennae. Adhere the antennae to the back of the bee's head.
- Place your bumble bee decoration on a table to brighten up a meal or gathering of any kind!
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.