Easter is just around the corner, and your child will probably be asking questions about the Easter Bunny. To celebrate the holiday, why not make a festive bunny box? This box could be great for gift giving or storing candy and other small objects.
What You Need:
- White ring box, or other small white box
- Tempera paint
- White construction paper
What You Do:
- Have your child spread the newspaper sheet out on a clean, flat surface.
- Next, help her fold the piece of white construction paper in half.
- Using the scissors, let her carefully cut out her best bunny ear shapes out of the creased side of the construction paper. Be sure she doesn’t cut completely through the crease and the two bunny ears stay connected.
- Help your child squirt a small amount of paint onto the newspaper sheet.
- Next, using the paintbrush, have her to paint her best bunny face on the top portion of the box. Encourage her to get creative.
- Allow the box cover to dry completely.
- While it is drying, help her very carefully place two drops of glue on the back of the box near the top.
- Help her press the bunny ears to the back of the ring box so they stick out over the top.
- Allow the glue to dry completely.
- Then, have her place the top of the box onto the bottom part.
Have you child look around for items to store in her new bunny box!