Easter Bunny Mask Activity
The bunny is one of the major symbols of Easter, so what better way to celebrate the holiday than to help your child become the Easter bunny! This bunny mask is a super cute project your little one will love doing. The furry texture and cute marshmallow nose bring the mask to life. Once it's done she'll be eager to wear it and hop around showing it off to friends and family.
What You Need:
- White poster board
- Cotton balls
- Hole punch
- Pink construction paper
- Black construction paper
- Pink marshmallow
What You Do:
- Cut out a mask shape from white posterboard.
- Measure it against your child's face and trim it according to size.
- Cut out two holes so your child can see clearly through the mask shape.
- Have your child cut out two bunny ears from the posterboard.
- Using the pink construction paper, help your child cut out two shapes that are the same size as the bunny ears.
- Let your child glue the pink strips onto the posterboard ear shapes.
- Glue the ends of the bunny ears to the back of the mask shape right above the eye holes.
- Let your child rip apart cotton balls until the fabric becomes flat.
- Help her glue the cotton onto the entire front of the bunny mask.
- Continue gluing cotton onto the edges of the ears so the pink shows through the middle.
- Let your child cut out four black whiskers from the black construction paper.
- Have her glue them onto the center of the mask, putting two on each side.
- Ask your child to glue a pink marshmallow onto the point where the whiskers meet.
- Make a single hole punch on each side of the mask.
- Tie a piece of ribbon through the holes on both sides of the bunny mask.
- Let the mask dry overnight.
- Tie the bunny mask around your child's head and let her hop around!